When trying to lose body fat and “tone up” in a sustainable and long-term way, your three main concerns should be:
– Maintaining a calorie deficit
– Preserving as much muscle as possible
– Staying healthy in the process
Here are three tips to help you achieve all of the above.
1: Replace high calorie carbs with fibrous veggies.
Carbs are not bad and they are the most accessible source of food energy. However, vegetables are less calorie dense than carbs such as bread, rice, pasta and potatoes. So you can fill up on them to prevent hunger, keep you healthy and reduce your caloric intake.
Choosing vegetables can also help to regulate blood sugar and prevent insulin resistance.
Basically, in terms of satiation and micronutrients, veggies give you more bang for your buck per calorie!
2: Eat protein with every meal.
Try to get the majority of your protein from whole foods such as eggs, meat and fish. Protein powder is a handy way to boost your protein intake and makes a nice treat to ensure you get a decent protein hit in your snacks.
3: Don’t drink protein shakes!
“Hang on you said to use protein powder!!?”
Yes I did! But I didn’t say to drink protein shakes. I mainly use protein powder to mix with other things and not as a drink.
If you are trying to maintain a calorie deficit then you don’t want to be drinking your calories because you will soon get hungry. That’s just one of the reasons why I’m not keen on Juice Plus or Herbalife programmes.
Here are just a few of the ways that I use protein powder to give me a sweet hit and boost the protein content of my meals.
– Chocolate protein powder and oats.
– Banana protein powder and quark.
– Vanilla protein powder and low fat Greek yoghurt.
So, there go! Three simple tips, which, if you apply them on a daily basis, will help you to reduce body fat and maintain muscle mass, which are both vital elements in getting that beach body!
Start YOUR Fat Loss Journey
- Click on the checkout button and sign up.
- I’ll contact you to confirm your payment and discuss your goals.
- I’ll send your nutrition plan and advise you how to get started.
- We’ll check in every day and I’ll help you through the practical and psychological process of getting the body you want.
- We achieve REAL, LONG LASTING, RESULTS! #teamwork